Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kicking

It's 6am, it's Sunday, I have no reason to get up - and here I am, wide awake and can't fall back asleep. Actually, the can't fall back asleep part might have something to do with Minnow's chattering (she is so very excited that I am awake and can't understand why I'm not petting her or feeding her). I think most of it is just being too accustomed to waking up at 5am for my internship, which is highly annoying. I value my sleep-in time, and I find this whole situation extremely unfair.

I've done a lot this past month, and I just haven't been capable of blogging about it. I was trying to figure out why I had no urge to post on here, and the best I can come up with is that I've been working on processing everything through my own mind, and there hasn't been much room left to translate it into a post. My little paper diary has been getting a serious work-out as I try to sort through how I feel about everything, but I'd never intended for this blog to become a public version of that diary (or to contain really much of anything private or personal) so I've been avoiding it. Suffice to say, I've been spending some serious time figuring out who I am, who I want to be, and then just trying to make it happen. Self confidence and self awareness - good stuff!

In other news, I've added to my modest menagerie. Ophelia (and isn't that a rocking name?) is a snobby and snooty corn snake who is trying to decide if she will tolerate having me breathe the same air as her. We're working on the whole "people are good" thing, but it's slow going. I try to take her out and handle her every day, and I've discovered that she likes wrapping herself around my hair and just hanging out. Works for me!
Gorgeous, isn't she?


So, perhaps now that my internship is winding down (only 2 days left!) I'll have more inclination to update the blog. Perhaps not, and I refuse to feel guilty about it! So there, Kim!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pssshhhaawww...Ima justa sayin. You can't go and get everyone all hooked and then just cut us off. What the hey ho is the point in havin a blog if yous aint gonna use it... u know what they say...use it or lose it. Well I say use it or I WILL HARASS YOU DAY AND NIGHT UNTIL YOU DO.
xo

Kate said...

I miss you SO MUCH.
xo