Monday, December 14, 2009

Good Stuff

Alright.
It has come to my attention that Kim will be visiting me in only a few days, and if I haven't updated my blog before then, I'm not sure what she'll do to me. So here we go. When did I last update? Oh my...that long ago, huh? I'm really awesome at this blogging thing. Lets see....

I did end up getting H1N1 this fall, just in time for my second set of midterms. I had to take two of them late, and the 3rd is such a blur I'm amazed I passed it (90% in fact! wow). I can confidently say that having that flu was one of the worst experiences of my life. After 3 days of fever, muscle aches, sore throat and coughing I finally worked up the energy to have a shower, and after 15 minutes had to get out and lie on the bathroom floor because I was too exhausted to stand anymore. Charming, huh? Anyway, I lived, passed my midterms, and managed to be nice and healthy for American thanksgiving. Which was good, because Mom was visiting me!

We had a great time while she was here, eating out at yummy restaurants with my friends, shopping, walking school dogs, playing with the KittyBunny (who is growing up so fast!), and having long chats. It was great to have her all to myself for a week, and I loved being able to introduce her to my friends and show her what my life here in Portland looks like. I've been so happy here, and I love being able to share that with her.

Final exams were this past week, and while I have one mark back (92.3% in pharmacology), I'm still waiting for the others. I'm not sure how I did, since those finals were probably two of the hardest tests I've ever taken in my life. Most of the class seemed to feel the same as I did about them, so we'll see how they get graded.

So, that brings me up to this weekend! I gamed Friday night (KT managed to not kill us all. Thanks KT!), and spent Saturday making tourtiere and lemon bars. Shad came over last night and we ate said tourtiere and lemon bars, watched White Christmas, decorated my Christmas tree (with help from the cats), and drank hot buttered rum. I'd say it was one of the better weekends I've had in a very long time, and as a bonus - I'm still on vacation tomorrow!


Kim arrives Wednesday, and I can't wait!

No comments: