Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blerg

Daily duties this week. Pouring myself out of bed at 5am just doesn't get any easier, no matter how many times I do it, or how much sleep I've had the night before. I am just not meant to be a morning person.

I will admit though, being assigned to Dave chores in the morning takes a pretty hefty amount of the sting out of being at school for 7am. There's just something about grooming a horse as the sun rises over frost covered trees and the mist rises off the field that makes all of my problems seem so trivial. I don't even mind mucking the stall - it smells like horse and that's enough to keep me happy.

Still, just cause working with Dave is enough to make me blissful and dreamy in the morning, it doesn't mean I'm not exhausted by the time I get home. This post will be image heavy and short on words because the images take far less brain power.

Let's see.....

Ah yes, this is what I spent my birthday money on:


Surprise, huh? And yes, that stack of 3 skeins does say $3, and yes, that was for all 3. A yarn aficionado was having a garage sale in SE and Abbe and I went over and scored some pretty sweet deals.

This week was bandages in N&R lab.

That's a Robert Jones bandage, intended to stabilize a fracture til it can be more permanently fixed (surgery, splinting or cast). Yes, it is supposed to be half the size of the dog. You should see the amount of cotton that went into that thing.

We also got to watch Brynn get a stomach tube and then hear the sounds made when Dr. H flushed saline into her stomach. (Borborygamus!*)


I did my own bandage (unfortunately my camera battery died before I could take a picture) which was ugly as hell, but stayed on. Function over form, people, function over form!

And on that note, goodnight!

(* spellcheck wants to turn that into Scarborough, which I found highly amusing)

No comments: