Monday, March 9, 2009

Tired

Between personal drama, midterms, pending finals, daily duties, and a mild case of the plague (ok, maybe it's just a cold), I've been pretty wiped out recently. I'm thoroughly looking forward to bit of a break once finals are done, especially since it looks like I might actually get to go home for a visit (thanks Mom!!). All I have to do is make it through:
- 1 nursing and restraint practical exam
- 1 parasitology quiz
- 1 math assignment
- 1 A&P lab practical
- 2 more daily duties shifts
- 4 written final exams

I'm actually very excited about this week because it marks my last ever A&P lab. You have no idea how heartily sick I am of those cat cadavers now (remember when I found them exciting? ugh!). It also marks the last time I will have to open my PhysioEX book (a particularly vile lab supplement). We're planning a bonfire composed of PhysioEX books once we're done finals, partly for the enjoyment factor, and partly because I think a lot of us truly believe, on some deeper level, that fire is the only way to cleanse the earth of this despicable presence. I know, I know - book burning isn't usually high up on my list of to-do items, but this time I'm all over it.

In other news, my poor little pea seedlings appear to be doomed. They were becoming dangerously rootbound in their starter trays and I finally bit the bullet and put them outside, hoping that they might have some small chance of survival. This is what they had to contend with today:

Yup, snow. They were looking decidedly wilted when I got home.

By the way, doesn't Dave look happy in the snow? He should. He'd spent the 20 minutes prior to this photo being a complete butthead and refusing to budge an inch from his chosen spot outside the barn door. Since I was the one who had led him there in an attempt to give him his daily walk, I got to stand there with him, in the snow, waiting for him to decide to go back to his stall. Gotta love Dave.

No comments: