
Last night our vet tech horse, Dave, colicked and had to be euthanised. He'd been in pain for several months now due to advancing arthritis, and while I'm glad he's not in pain anymore, it's still so hard to believe that he's really gone.

Next year's students will never get to know you - to see how stubborn you could be when you didn't want to do something, to watch the way you'd do anything for a treat, and laugh at how you'd stretch your neck out and flutter your lips when we scratched just the right spot. You taught me a lot Dave, and made my first year of classes so much easier. Whenever I felt stressed, going out to see you would always make me feel better.
We'll miss you so much Dave.
1 comment:
Kitten, I am sorry for your loss. I know you really liked Dave. Maybe his memories can still get you through a tough day.
Post a Comment