Infarction - a small area of tissue rendered necrotic by lack of blood supply. Also, the answer to question #2 on my quiz today.
No, I didn't get it right.
Funny actually, the word originally stuck with me. I mean, really. Infarction? That sounds like such a made up word. Like someone made a typo and then stubbornly refused to admit that they'd made a mistake. Like a joke gone so far it made it into medical textbooks and at graduation they'll say "Infarction? You mean you thought that was a real word? Ha! Gotcha!"
Anyway, I blanked on it today. That's the real reason I'm so bitter against the word. The more bitter and worked up I get, the less chance of me getting it wrong next time. It worked on my first quiz. I couldn't remember the correct term for "joint pain" so I just madly scribbled down the closest combining forms I could think of. Yes, arthr/o is the combining form for joints, but dys is difficulty, not painful. Dysarth is absolutely not a word and would mean "difficulty joint", even if it were. The resultant ribbing from my classmates means I'll never forget Arthralgia ever again.
I've made a policy for myself when it comes to tests. If I don't know the answer, write something down anyway. Who knows, maybe they'll take pity on me and give me partial credit. If, however, I haven't the faintest clue and can't even hazard a guess, write down the silliest thing I can think of. If I make them laugh, maybe they'll go easy on me.
I'm not the only one in my class to do this. Alona labled a cow diagram with the term "tail poof thing", Cat defined CMT as Country Music Television (it was supposed to be California Mastitis Test), and my own contribution was labeling the winter season for sheep breeders as "happy snow fun time". Apparently she was looking for "pregnancy season". (yes, that sounds obvious and like something I should have remembered. No, I don't want to talk about it.)
I'm feeling strangely relaxed and unworried tonight. I'm guessing it means that the day off school tomorrow has scrambled my brain to the point where I'm forgetting that I have AN A&P MIDTERM IN FOUR DAYS!
No really. It'll be fine. Just fine.
What are the names of all the bones in the skull again?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The names of the bones of the skull... uh.
*back to Osteology*
Oh man...
Well there goes four years of university education. Shit.
Parietal, occipital, saggital, zygomatic, mandible, uhm...
Clearly I need a refresher here
- Robbin
MAXILLA!!!
Seriously, I need to go back to school.
Post a Comment