Well, we had a highly successful outing yesterday! I found and picked my very first chanterelles, and we ended up coming home with two basketfulls of the yummy fungus. BP cooked some up for pasta (with thyme, pepper, blue cheese and tomatoes...mmmm) and the rest will be frozen and saved for eventual chanterelle pizza. My mouth is watering just thinking of it!
And of course we had the Kitty Bunny with us. She was a real trooper - smiling and giggling and just generally enjoying being outdoors. We were taking shifts staying on the logging road with her while the other two people went into the woods to hunt, and my turn just happened to land when she was ready for a nap.
It's a tough job, I'm telling you....but I took one for the team! Can't you just feel those nap waves rolling off of her? Dangerous stuff.
Anyway, not having class on Tuesdays this term means (hopefully) more of this sort of fun in my future. Hard to beat tromping around the woods on a beautiful day, snuggling the world's most adorable baby, and gathering yummy food.
No comments:
Post a Comment