Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mushrooms never get boring, right?

Once more into the woods!

We ventured out again yesterday in search of tasty fungus, but I'm a little lower on photographic evidence. A combination of rough hiking (lots of blow downs in our way, and I'm not the most graceful of people even on flat surfaces), cold (numb fingers!), and rain (generally bad for cameras) meant that I really only took pictures before and after our trek.


And what am I going to take pictures of? Why, the cutest thing around, of course. In fact, she was so cute I completely forgot to take photos of the amazing mushrooms we gathered. I think our final estimate was around 8lbs, and while it was mostly chanterelles there were a couple chicken of the woods and lobster mushrooms in there too. Yum.

Aside from wild edible gathering I've been busy studying my butt off for school. The assigned reading this term is intense, and I'm still having a tough time adjusting. My brain seems to want to stay on vacation, so I'll read 10 pages of anesthesiology and then suddenly wonder what in the world it said. Good job, brain. Thanks.

No comments: