This blog may be slightly neglected this week. I've been studying like mad for my midterms and I'm still feeling like I don't quite know enough. What do you call an intact male goat? How about a neutered male sheep? An orphaned lamb? What is the average daily gain of a feedlot cow? The average feed efficiency? What is expected progeny difference?*
And that's just for my easy class. A&P is going to make me grey before I'm done, I'm sure of it.
On another note, I had a lovely vet visit with Minnow this morning. I came home last night and found her sitting in the litterbox. That's not unusual, but she stayed there for about 20 mins and would occasionally meow and paw, and then go back to sitting. She repeated this performance about every hour all evening and I began to think UTI. I gave her a tbsp of canned pumpkin in case it was constipation (it wasn't, I was rewarded with massive amounts of bright orange stool this morning) and then kept an eye on her. There was no improvement this morning so I hauled her off to the vet where she did her level best to cuss out every staff member. She hissed, she yowled, she screamed, she even waved her claws at the vet, but she didn't actually bite anyone. I never wanted to be an owner with one of "those cats", so I always feel a bit of relief when she doesn't injure the staff, even if I still feel guilty because she's behaving like a spoiled two year old.
Anyway, after an entertaining cysto (I could hear her screaming from the other side of the hospital) we got the U/A results. Plenty of blood, plenty of bacteria. On the one hand, I'm not happy she's sick.....on the other hand, woohoo, nailed the diagnosis!
So, shes on amoxicillin BID for the next 14 days and that'll hopefully clear it up. Thank goodness she's such a pig, I just wrap the pill in a treat and she practically inhales it. If only all cats were like this....
*Answers: Buck, Wether, Bummer Lamb, 1-4lbs, 7lbs feed for every 1lb gain, the difference, in total points, of a given sire's progeny from the average, as outlined in a sire summary.
No comments:
Post a Comment