I was just woken up by a loud banging coming from the bathroom. I ignored it for a few minutes, but then it was accompanied by some desperate wailing so I decided I should probably go rescue Minnow. She's learned how to open the bathroom cabinets from the outside (by hooking her paw underneath the door and pulling) and how to close the cabinets once she's inside them (same procedure), but somehow the concept of simply pushing to open the door from the inside and let herself out has escaped her. She gets trapped in there an average of twice a week, and I often come home from school to angry yowling from the bathroom. She's doesn't seem to understand that it isn't my fault she's stuck.
Anyway, once I was up I went looking for Merlin because he wasn't in his usual spot (on my chest, restricting my breathing). I found him in the living room where he'd apparently been feeling a little poorly because he'd just finished vomiting.
All. Over. My. Printer.
Now, Merlin has a long history of choosing awkward places to be sick, but this really takes the cake. In my first apartment I once watched him walk over to the kitchen linoleum, start coughing, and then at the last moment turn his head to the side to vomit on the carpet. Bravo, buddy.
At my most recent apartment, I had no carpeting at all. This didn't deter him in the slightest and he was sick on my bed, my shoes, my armchair, and once even managed to project his emitus onto a backpack that was leaning vertically against a wall. That's talent.
Despite all these digestive acrobatics, he'd found himself with a challenge in my new place which, though it is almost entirely carpet, is carpeted in a brown colour that makes stains very easy to hide (it also makes hairballs difficult to spot, especially first thing in the morning...but that's another story). Apparently he felt himself up to the challenge because from the way it appears, he had to climb over the printer and into a gap only about 6 inches wide and then turn himself completely around in order to achieve his desired trajectory.
I love my cats. Really, I do.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment